Sunday, January 26, 2014

RAMBLINGS....



I'm really not sure where this is going to go...just felt the urge to be in front of the computer.  

Let me start off with the Chrysalis camp was amazing!  I touched on it the other day but this "Flight" was by far the best one I've ever been involved with.  The "caterpillars" (campers) were all so open to what was going on around them.  I had one small incident where I needed to ask one to put her phone away, she was texting her boyfriend, who was on the boy's side, during talks. The rule used to be no electronics at the camp, period.  They have relaxed it and said they can only use them at the end of the day.  The boy's table leader came to me and told me he'd seen the texts coming from her.  He said he confiscated the boyfriend's phone.  I went to the girl's table leader and told her, she didn't want to take it away, didn't want to mess up the already precarious trust thing that was just starting, so she told the director.  The director said she didn't want to so they asked me to handle it.  I just went up to her on one of the breaks, pulled her far off to the side and told her I was aware that she'd been texting, reminded her that she wasn't supposed to have it.  I gave her the option of putting it in her suitcase or giving it to me but told her if I did see it in her hand during the talks and day that I would have to take it.  She promised to put it away and she even hugged me at the end of the camp, thanking me for being so understanding.  That was the only thing that had to be addressed!  The closing was so touching as the new "Butterflies" gave a testimony one by one, I knew the Holy Spirit was at work, could feel it, but WOW!  I'm building a list of girls I am going to ask to work this summer/fall flight. I'm beginning to get so excited!

Now, as I've mentioned a few weeks ago, when we do the Lord's work the enemy is not happy and will throw all kinds of obstacles in our path.  Guess I've already ticked the devil off because that's just how life goes, my child support is on hold.  My ex husband got hurt, not at work but is off work for 8 to 10 weeks.  He promised to make sure I got support.  I did not get any this week.  That support buys groceries, puts gas in the van, buys the odds and ends the girls need.  We've gone all week with just the food we have here, and that's running very low.  I get a text from him yesterday telling me he won't be sending anything, he "can't" take it out of his checks and that I better hold on to my income tax to use.  He says his wife said she'd help if it came to that.  His wife makes very, very good money, but I don't know their finances.  I asked him to at least send half of what I normally get so I can buy food.  He will no longer respond to any texts, and I will not text him again. I will be calling the State's Attorney that handles my case to find out what can be done.  But I did have to do something that I do not like to do, ask for help.  I know it's pride and we all know what the Bible says about pride...so I prayed, humbled myself before God and reached out to some very good friends of mine that live 25 miles away that have a church that has a food pantry.  My sweet friends jumped at the chance to help and will come to me tomorrow with their contribution of food.  

God put this couple in my life through a church that I used to go to and I was helping for their Easter pageant, even though I'd began going to another church.  We struck up an immediate friendship, along with his mother.  We've maintained this friendship for 3 years, I've sponsored his daughter for Chrysalis and while I'm not sure she got as much out of it as others, she did enjoy herself.  He and his wife have prayed me through some tough times with my son.  He is so much like my brother that I just call him my brother from another mother!  God works and weaves us in and out of each others lives, I stand in awe.

People wonder why I won't go to my boyfriend for money or food, he has his own things to deal with and I swore to never use him like that.  We have helped each other in the past, when he's had extra he's bought things for me, when he was in a bind and I had extra, I've helped him.  We keep no record but right now things are tight for both of us.  I have his strength to lean on and his prayers.  I have not yet told him how dire we are right now, he will feel helpless and I won't do that to him.  He is a wonderful man, many have taken advantage of his giving nature.  I will not do that to him.  

We are all God's people, a huge, enormous family.  As Ted has said, he can't wait to get to heaven to see everyone living together, no denominations separated off here and there, just believers, together, worshiping, loving each other.

My faith will not be shaken.  The enemy does his best to test me, make me doubt but I will not give in.  My verse I fall back to is always John 10:10  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

So that's where this post went.  I unburden myself of these thoughts, these worries.  I will not worry, I will not stress, I leave it ALL in God's hands!

Philippians 4:6-7

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Blessings, 
Lisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment