Wednesday, January 22, 2014


Is this not just the honest truth?  I am absolutely this person.  It used to confuse the man I'm dating quite often when I'd just switch a topic mid stream, but now he's got used to it.  Actually he even just chuckles when we'll be out with his son somewhere and I'll rabbit trail off and his son will say "WHAT?".  Ted will say, just roll with it son, that's how her mind works.

But we women almost have to be this way, don't we?  We juggle just so much, children, households, jobs, church activities, children's extra curricular things, aging parents, paying bills.  I'm a single mother so it seems like my mind is constantly going in a million different directions at any given moment.

"Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)

How often do we do this?  Are there enough hours in the day to "be still"?  God doesn't want to be penciled in, if you can fit him in.  He wants us to make him our top priority.  

Matthew 11:28-30 “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” 

I don't know about you but I need my alone time with God.  I've learned that the best time for me is morning, after I've woke, stretched, got the sleep out of my eyes.  Usually it's right before I get out of bed.  Sometimes I'll read quite a bit in my devotional and bible, sometimes just a little, but ending it in prayer is what gets my day going, gets me pumped for my day.

This is a year of changes, I can feel it, I already see it happening.  We have to find a new church home.  There's change #1.  I've been voted as the Girls Lay Director for the next church camp to take place over the Labor Day Weekend.  That will entail a lot of prayer and getting on my knees.  And we all know how much the devil loves to mess with us when we are doing God's work.  We have to move soon, a smaller place is a must so I have packing to start.  Megan will graduate and move, Rachel will probably be getting married this Fall. Those are just a few of the changes I already know of, not counting the ones that will just jump up at me.

But I do know this, that I truly can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13.  With God there, by my side, with my Christian family, friends, with Ted in my life...I have some mighty prayer warriors!  Our God is so good!

Prayers for you and yours...and Blessings!

Lisa 


No comments:

Post a Comment