Sunday, February 16, 2014

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ME!

See these beautiful roses?  Two dozen absolutely gorgeous cream and pink roses that Ted completely surprised me beyond belief with.

You have to know the man...he's formed from the mold of the undemonstrative male, keeps his thoughts to himself, shows his feelings for you through actions and deeds, not words, and not flowers.  But this is what he bought me for Valentine's Day.  I actually think I was too surprised to cry, but tears normally put him over the edge anyway, ha!

You know, the enemy likes to play in my mind, makes me think all sorts of things, and knowing my weakness is Ted or my girls, the enemy truly likes to make me think the worst, that I'm out of sight out of mind when he's gone up North to work through the week, I'm just an afterthought.  And believe me the enemy was working overtime this past week!  Well, nothing can be further from the truth.  Truth is that I know this mighty man of God prays for me daily, and just because he doesn't sing me songs of love, declare his undying devotion daily, this does not mean he does not love me.  I've learned the following things after dating this man for four and a half years:

How does an undemonstrative man show you he loves you....

1.  Changes your oil in your car, adds transmission additive to keep it going because he knows you can't afford to replace said vehicle...
2.  Drives 40 miles from his home on his precious weekend time to look at safe and affordable vehicles for you to look over and even talks to the salesperson to strike a deal...
3.  When working at a church camp where boys and girls are kept separate he scans the room to just see where you are, smiles, nods, turns back to what he was doing, but when he doesn't see you sends someone to look to see if all is ok...
4.  Makes your favorite meal that is one of his specialties if you've had a really rough week...
5.  Even though he HATES moving people from one house to another, packs up your things, makes sure all items are secure, moves them and loads them placing them where you want them in the new place, doesn't complain at all, at least not to me, lol...
6.  Prays for me daily, sometimes more than once, especially when I'm in the middle of a parent crisis, a health issue, a church matter that needs dealt with...
7.  When talking to his ex wife about their children (they've been divorced over 2 decades and she and I have become friends) he asks her each time if she's heard from me, how has my day been going because he doesn't want to bother me at work...
8.  Tries to keep anything about his work that is negative or would make me worry about him from me, because he doesn't want me panicking (which I will).
9.  When I'm being unreasonable and a tad bit childish he'll say now you know that's not right, that's your anger talking, but gently and not condescendingly...
10.  Wraps you in a warm hug that leaves you without a doubt that you are precious in his world, but only when you're alone...no PDA please!

I know without a doubt that this man loves me, why I let the enemy try to con me that he doesn't is beyond me but my mind can be weak, especially about those I love that much.  

For you my friends that the enemy batters at your mind making you doubt, trust in God that the man He has placed in your life is His choice.  Pray for your husband, your fiance', your boyfriend every single day and constantly keep the man in your life bathed in prayer. 

One of my favorite lines from Fireproof is  "God meant marriage to be for life."  The other is:  "And don't just follow your heart, man; 'cause your heart can be deceived. But you gotta lead your heart."

Blessings my friends,
Lisa 



2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I'm just now getting around to blog reading. So glad to see you'd posted. Love the roses and this sweet post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Terri! I'm behind too, the flu had me sidelined last week. Hoping to blog today or tomorrow. Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete