Sunday, January 18, 2015

 So, see these girls right here.....
Look what they won last Saturday....
FIRST PLACE CLASS A JAZZ!!!

Yes, I'm extremely proud of them, they worked so hard!  Sadly we didn't get a qualifying score for State but we did take 1st place for our category!!!
We had a competition yesterday but did not place, did not qualify.  I will freely admit to the fact that the teams we competed against, they were fantastic.  They earned their spots and awards, they truly did.  I wish I had been able to record their dances just to review for our team next year.  No, I don't have any intention of copying a dance, no Bring It On play here, just ideas and see what blended and what didn't.

Again tho, all in all, I think my high school team of 6 girls did phenomenal!   It's been a rough dance season, we've had a lot of issues that we've dealt with, we lost about 5 dancers, some quit, I think they didn't believe me when I said it was truly a sport and not just a club or group, and one I had to ask to leave.  Through it all they worked together extremely hard!  I was also thrilled last week that the floor judge pointed out the girl who had the "solo" which was just that she couldn't do a handstand as she's dancing with a torn rotator cuff and torn labrum in her right shoulder and instead did a triple spin and a jump then sequed right into the next move with the others.The judge said "The girl who had the brief solo, what is her name?  I am giving her a Rising Star award."  I told her that it was actually my daughter and gave the judge her name.  The judge told me that she really just stood out in that she had so much charisma and enthusiasm and was very skilled.  I was so proud!  I didn't tell Alyssa ahead of time, wanted it to be a complete surprise when they were on the floor for the award ceremony.  And surprised she was!!!  She has wanted this award since 6th grade year and she finally received it as a sophomore in high school!  And the award is given for charisma, team spirit, skill and enthusiasm.  

So now with our 2 competitions out of the way, and not qualifying for State, we are going to settle in for the last 3 home games of the season, including senior night for the girls to dance at in February.  After that, dance draws to a close.  It has consumed so much of my time and thoughts and in some cases money!  But all in all I've loved it.  I will return to coach until Alyssa graduates.  I just feel the need and really want to.  Auditions will be the end of April/first part of May so I'm working on the fliers now that I want to send to the 8th graders coming into high school next year.  

Okay, no more dance talk, lol.  I'm really striving toward my goals for this year.  Losing weight is one I'm not doing so well at but in all honesty, "D" was taking so much time I wasn't eating right, was easier to grab fast food and that's soooo not good for me.  This week I quit the fast food and have been eating what we have on hand at home, including a salad.  If I have a salad a day, that will help a lot!

Frugality wise, I'm trying, I have set small goals to hit and will be so happy when I get the first one!  Stocking up on food has been difficult for some reason, probably because when I go into the store it's a run in, grab, run out instead of taking the time to mentally prepare beforehand or even make my list out before I go.  That is what I'll work on this week, make out a list, pull coupons to coincide, go from there.

I have a few special prayer requests friends, God knows what they are.  If you would please believe with me?  I need affirmation and confirmation on a few issues in my life, our lives.  I'm very bad at trying to tell God how to do things.  This time I'm letting it all at his feet, stepping away and asking Him to take over and steer me down the right course.

I suppose I should close and go finish supper, chicken flavored rice a roni (Aldi brand) and diced grilled chicken (frozen also Aldi).  Have a blessed day!!!


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment